At Millrise Chiropractic we use state of the art laser equipment that is unmatched in the Industry. The theralase with its super pulsed action has the ability to penetrate further, heals faster, and provides patients with a safe, effective and painless therapy that uses the body’s own natural healing systems to relieve pain, increase mobility and improve the function of the joints promoting cell regeneration.
How does laser therapy work?
The laser works by supplying energy to the body in the form of billions of photons of light at different wavelengths. The body absorbs the laser light at the cellular level and transforms it into chemical energy this turns on the energy producing portion of your cells (the mitochondria) which activates the body to repair itself faster. The bio stimulating effects of laser therapy causes a decrease in inflammation and pain and an increase in tissue regeneration and healing.
Common conditions that are treated with laser include acute and chronic sprains and strains, rotator cuff, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Sciatica, low back pain, neck pain, anything post surgical, tennis elbow, arthritis, hip pain or any other wound healing.
Benefits of laser therapy include:
- Rapid Cell Growth… laser light accelerates cellular reproduction and growth
- Faster Wound Healing… laser light stimulates fibroblast development and accelerates collagen synthesis in damaged tissue
- Anti-Inflammatory action… laser light reduces swelling caused by bruising or joint injury
- Reduced Fibrous ( Scar ) Tissue formation… laser light reduces the formation of scar tissue following tissue injury from cuts, scratches, burns or post surgery.
- Increased Metabolic Activity… Higher outputs of specific enzymes, greater oxygen and food sources for cellular energy to repair the cell injury faster
- Increased Vascular Activity… Laser light induces temporary vaso-dilation increasing blood flow to damaged areas
- Stimulates Nerve Function… Laser light speeds up the process of nerve cell regeneration to bring the tissue supplied by the nerve back to life faster.